Castle Connolly Names 370 Physicians at NYU Langone Medical Center “Top Doctors: New York Metro Area”
February 10, 2014 - 4:32pm
NYU Langone Medical Center today announced 370 of its physicians were recognized among the leading doctors in the region by Castle Connolly in their 17th edition of "Top Doctors: New York Metro Area." Each year "Top Doctors: New York Metro Area" identifies the top 10 percent of primary care and specialty doctors in the metropolitan New York region.
Among those recognized from NYU Langone this year include:
- William Carroll, MD, the Julie and Edward J. Minskoff Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Oncology, and director, the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center at NYU Langone
- Jack Dodick, MD, professor and chair, Department of Ophthalmology
- Steven R. Flanagan, MD, the Howard A. Rusk Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine and chair, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Silvia C. Formenti, MD, the Sandra and Edward H. Meyer Professor of Radiation Oncology and chair, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Steven L. Galetta, MD, the Philip K. Moskowitz, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Neurology
- Aubrey C. Galloway, MD, the Seymour Cohn Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery and chair, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- John G. Golfinos, MD, associate professor and chair, Department of Neurosurgery
- David Keefe, MD, the Stanley H. Kaplan Professor and chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Herbert Lepor, MD, professor and the Martin Spatz Chair, Department of Urology
- Seth J. Orlow, MD, PhD, the Samuel Weinberg Professor of Pediatric Dermatology and chair, Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology
- H. Leon Pachter, MD, the George David Stewart Professor of Surgery and chair, Department of Surgery
- Michael P. Recht, MD, the Louis Marx Professor of Radiology and chair, Department of Radiology
- J. Thomas Roland, Jr., MD, the Mendik Foundation Professor of Otolaryngology and chair, Department of Otolaryngology
- Joseph D. Zuckerman, MD, the Walter A. L. Thompson Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
NYU Langone physicians were also recognized on Castle Connolly’s “America's Top Doctors” most recent 13th edition, and the medical center was ranked #14 on the 2013-2014 U.S. News & World Report’s annual survey of “Best Hospitals” in America, achieving honor roll status, with 12 nationally ranked specialties, including top 10 rankings in Orthopaedics, Rheumatology, Rehabilitation, Neurology & Neurosurgery, and Geriatrics.
Visit NYU Langone’s accolades page to learn more about the distinguished awards it has recently received: http://www.med.nyu.edu/about-us/who-we-are/accolades.
Deborah (DJ) Haffeman