NYU Langone Medical Center Physicians Among City’s Finest On New York Magazine 2011 “Best Doctors” List
New York magazine named more than 120 physicians at NYU Langone Medical Center among New York’s finest practitioners on its 2011 “Best Doctors” list, released earlier this week.
"Our physicians are among the best doctors not only in the region but the country,” said Robert I. Grossman, MD, dean and CEO of NYU Langone Medical Center. “Their diagnostic acumen, surgical skill, and tradition of treating the whole person and not just their disease set them apart from their peers. We are extremely proud of all our physicians for their dedication and commitment to providing world-class patient-centered care."
Twelve NYU Langone clinical department chairs are included on this year's “Best Doctors” listing:
- Jack Dodick, MD, professor and chair of the Department of Ophthalmology
- Steven R. Flanagan, MD, professor and chair of the Department of Rehabilitation
- Silvia C. Formenti, MD, the Sandra and Edward H. Meyer Professor of Radiation Oncology and chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology, professor, Department of Medicine
- Aubrey C. Galloway, MD, the Seymour Cohn Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery and chair of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- John G. Golfinos, MD, associate professor and chair of the Department of Neurosurgery, associate professor, Department of Otolaryngology
- David Keefe, MD, the Stanley H. Kaplan Professor and Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Herbert Lepor, MD, professor and the Martin Spatz Chair of the Department of Urology, professor, Department of Pharmacology
- Joseph McCarthy, MD, the Lawrence D. Bell Professor of Plastic Surgery and chair of the Department of Plastic Surgery
- Seth J. Orlow, MD, PhD, professor and chair of the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology, and director of the NYU Langone Center of Excellence on Cancers of the Skin
- H. Leon Pachter, MD, the George David Stewart Professor of Surgery and chair of the Department of Surgery
- J. Thomas Roland, MD, the Mendik Foundation Professor of Otolaryngology and chair of the Department of Otolaryngology, professor, Department of Neurosurgery
- Joseph D. Zuckerman, MD, the Walter A. L. Thompson Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
In addition, NYU Langone orthopaedic surgeon Timothy B. Rapp, MD, is profiled for performing life-changing surgery in “Amputating a Leg.” Article features the amputation of a patient’s lower leg to remove a soft-tissue sarcoma, a rare cancer that occurs in connective tissue like bone and cartilage, because it was not sensitive to radiation or chemotherapy treatments and had a high risk of reoccurrence.
A complete listing of all NYU Langone Medical Center physician’s on the 2011 “Best Doctors” list can be found here.
Deborah (DJ) Sabalusky
212-404-3567 | Deborah.Sabalusky@nyumc.org