NYU Physician: Winter 2013-2014
Inside This Issue
Tackling the Behavioral Challenges of ADHD
A new program at NYU Langone’s Child Study Center offers the tools to help kids with ADHD succeed in school and beyond.
- Between Doctors: A broad initiative at NYU Langone Medical Center aims to reduce the risk of miscommunication that can occur when shifts end and doctors transfer care of their patients to another doctor.
- Is Alzheimer’s in Your Future?: Many researchers now believe that subjects should be told the results of studies evaluating biomarkers for the brain-robbing disease.
- A Q&A with Pulitzer-prize winning author Dr. David Oshinsky
- A young women who battled brittle bone disease now stands on her own two feet
- A renowned surgeon who made medical history joins NYU Langone
- A potential new weapon against a deadly cancer